|January 1, 2012|
Excuses aside, we never shared our gorgeous new kitchen with you. And though the kitchen isn't fully complete yet, it's still pretty dang beautiful. So after many inquiries and lots of patience, here's what our kitchen looks like today, a year after we started the renovation:
|Pull-out trash and recycling drawers (center).|
|I have a love affair with this Jill Rosenwald rug.|
|Beautiful, sweet cabinet organization.|
|Sweet stools and convenient outlets on the side of the island.|
|Vintage porcelain hanging lights 'n butcher block counter tops.|
|Recessed LED lighting, aqua ceilings, an Austin dish towel, and some familiar squirrely accents.|
So we still have a few things to do until we can call the kitchen 100% complete. Our dream pantry is still just a dream, the vintage exhaust vent has yet to be installed, and we still need to add some decorative molding around the edge of the tiling.
|Ehhh, our not so cute "pantry".|
Here's our to-do list for 2013:
- build pantry
- hang new light over dining room table (we're already on this - we scored the Pottery Barn Porter Pendant on eBay for $58!)
- touch up paint
- finish caulking around the backsplash
- install shoe molding around island base
- install the rest of the baseboard molding/shoe molding
- finish painting baseboard molding & door-frame molding
- paint and install decorative molding around end of tiling (next to stove)
- install decorative support brackets to island over-hang
- decorate "dining room" wall - we're thinking a wall-mounted TV would be perfect.
- purchase a rug for the space between the island and the sink
Given our to-do list from 2012, I have a feeling this year will be a 'smidge easier. Here's to a New Year and more DIY projects!