Saturday, December 15, 2012

Stump Sliver 2012

Even though I've been bustling around my house frantically baking holiday treats, wrapping gifts, watching Christmas movies, and getting ready for parties, I wanted to post a "quickie" about the continuation of our Stump Sliver tradtion.

Last year, my husband and I began a new tradtion in which we saved a sliver of our Christmas tree's stump and fashioned it into a darling little ornament (click here to see last year's sliver).  I love my Christmas trees, so I take comfort in knowing that our happy little spruces will live on from year-to-year in the form of super precious ornaments.

So without further adieu, here's our Stump Sliver of 2012:


Love it?  So do I.  As you can see, I added a sweet little "just married" underneath of the year as we just got married this past September.  And since this is a quickie post, here's a Pinterest-friendly how-to for starting or continuing your own Stump Sliver tradition:


And so the tradtion of the Stump Sliver continues as another tannenbaum is immortalized!  Here's a picture of our tree with the Roon in the foreground.  Merry Christmas!

Waitin' for Santa Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment