Saturday, July 28, 2012

PHASE 1: COMPLETE.

Nothing makes me happier than announcing the completion of Phase 1 in our extensive kitchen renovation.  Seriously, I never thought this day would come.



Look at this beaut.  Just look at it.




Oh the joys of having REAL flatware and getting to put it away in an organized drawer...

The fruits of a bridal shower...kitchen towels for life.

Sweet 'lil knobs.

Kewl little drawers.  They sort of remind me of a mustache.

Our ballin' faucet -- a sweet Joss & Main snag.

All of this stunning display of kitchen awesomeness means that we finally have a working functional kitchen.  Granted, we're nowhere near done the renovation, but we've probably surpassed the biggest milestones.  That's right, I can cook an egg in my kitchen if I want.  Then I can wash the pan.  I can even load up my dirty eggy plate and fork into our sweet new dishwasher.  Then get myself a nice cold glass of fridge water to sip on.  It's the little things in life.

Now that the kitchen is usable, we're going to slow our roll a little on the rest of the renovation process.  Basically I require our 100% completion deadline to be by Christmas.  That leaves us plenty of time to work on some much needed wedding plans, as well as some time to take a breather and enjoy our abode again.

Next on que is Phase 2, the island installation.  We're estimating that Phase 2 will take about 3 weeks to complete.  We'll need to build a base for the island, strategically locate it on the floor, pick up some more LIDINGO from Ikea, and build/install the new cabinets and counter top.  Of course I'm excited to have the extra space to store some of our amazing wedding gifts that have been rolling in.  In due time, my friends.

I also snagged a new rug off of Joss & Main last week.  It was sort of a quick decision since there was only one available.  It was priced at $189, which is fabulous considering the rug is listed for at least $300 on numerous other websites.  I was a bit nervous that it wouldn't fit in, but I have to say, it's fabulous.  And perfect.  And awesome.


A certain Roon really fancies the new rug too.

Whelp, time to roll up our sleeves and get back to work.  Bring it on, Phase 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment